This program prepares students to become Licensed Vocational Nurses and covers all areas of nursing, including anatomy and physiology, pharmacology, fundamentals, nursing process, growth and development, nutrition, pediatrics, obstetrics, and diseases and disorders affecting the systems of the body. Incorporated into the program is a lab and clinical component to practice what is learned. Upon completion, students are eligible to test for licensure by the State of California as a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN).
VN Program Requirements
- Must be at least 18 years of age to apply.
- Possess a CA Driver's license or ID.
- Possess an original Social Security Card.
- Possess a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be a current CNA, EMT or MA.
- Must have completed a Medical Math and a Medical Terminology class within the last five (5) years. (Challenge tests accepted, equivalencies will be evaluated).
- Must not have active warrants. Felony and misdemeanor convictions may prevent participation in clinical training and/or state licensure, a background check will be conducted on Induction Day.
Please click on the links below for detailed information and answers to the most frequently asked questions!
FAQs Application Requirements and Process VN Application
Costs Future Classes
Contact the Main Office at (909) 388-6000 or the Medical Education Office (909) 388-6052 with questions.