Bradley Elementary School was opened in 1944-1945 at the intersection of Crestview and Baseline. At that time, it faced Crestview Street. It had to be rebuilt because the office area and some classrooms did not meet state requirements that would make the building safe in the event of an earthquake, so the school was largely rebuilt. The new buildings opened in 1972.
The school was named for Elizabeth Bradley. From 1920 until she died in August 1943, she was the attendance officer for the school district. Her job was to go around the city and if she found students truant, out of school without a proper reason, she brought them to school.
When the school opened, Mary E. Hughes was half-time supervising principal. She was made a full-time principal the next year and stayed at Bradley until 1955 when Wilson Grace took over. Mr. Grace was principal from 1955-1960. Other principals of Bradley include: Mrs. Mildredan Ward from 1962-1967, Mr. Howard Carmean from 1969-1973, Ms. Lynette Forte from 1973-1978, Mrs. Del (Bryant) Mills from 1980-1983. Some others at Bradley were Miss Marie Green, Mrs. Marion Klein, and Mr. Ron Thomas. Also, Ms. Santosh Trikha was the Principal from 1988-2003. Mr. Art Gallardo was the principal from 2003-2012. Mrs. Nereida Gutierrez was the principal from 2012-2014.
Some of the principals continued their careers in Education. Mrs. Forte was a school superintendent in another district of this county, Mrs. Klein was the Director of Elementary Instruction and Special Education for the district, and Mrs. Bryant was the Director of English Language Learners.
Currently, Mrs. Amy Coker is the Principal of Bradley Elementary School.