Curriculum Management Audit
Summary of Audit Findings and Recommendations
The goal of our District is to remain consistent in offering the best educational opportunities to students in the San Bernardino City Unified School District. We have begun to take a critical look at all District programs and support systems through a Curriculum Management Audit.
For more information, view recommendations and findings, or download the full report.
The intent of the Curriculum Management Audit is to create positive changes that will lead to improvements across the District. It is our hope that the audit will establish a strong and positive direction for the District. We hope you will support us in our efforts as we make the necessary changes to strengthen our District.
National Standards of Measurement
The Curriculum Management Audit assessed the District's curricular design and delivery based on the following five national standards of measurement. The School District:
About the Audit
- Is able to demonstrate its control of resources, programs, and personnel
- Has established clear and valid objectives for students
- Is able to direct its resources consistently and equitably to accomplish its mission
- Uses the results from the District-designed and/or adopted instruments to adjust, improve, or terminate the ineffective practices or programs
- Has improved productivity
The audit was thorough and specific about improvements that can be made. The audit is an improvement process based on criteria set forth by the firm Phi Delta Kappa International, and is not necessarily based on federal or California Department of Education criteria and requirements.
We are confident about our future. We expect that the changes we have already made, and for those to follow, will improve the educational system for the San Bernardino community. As a result, our students will benefit the most.