Welcome to the Wonderful World of Kindergarten Where The Journey Begins
777 N. F St.
Ph: (909) 880-6730
Fx: (909) 880-6734
Monday - Friday
Listed below are some of the essential skills your child will need to be successful in Kindergarten and beyond. These are only a few of the many skills your child will be asked to master while in Kindergarten.
- READ WITH YOUR CHILD OFTEN
- The ability to hold and correctly use a pencil, scissor, and glue stick
- Your child will need to recognize all 52 Upper and Lower Case letter names and letter sounds.
- Aa Bb Cc Dd Ee Ff Gg Hh Ii Jj Kk Ll Mm Nn Oo Pp Qq Rr Ss Tt Uu Vv Ww Xx Yy Zz
/c/ + /a/ + /t/ = cat /i/ + /t/ = it
- Have the ability to blend these Consonant and Vowel sounds to create words
dog...... change /d/ to /l/...and make log
- Have the ability to move, isolate, substitute, and change sounds to create new words
- Identify and create rhyming words
- Identify 30 high frequency words in and out of text
- Count, identify, and write numbers to 30
- Identify basic geometric shapes
- Identify colors
- Write simple and meaningful sentences
- Work hard both at school and at home
PLEASE MAKE SURE IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO CONTACT ME VIA PHONE OR EMAIL.